Saturday, July 28, 2012

bears, [ROASTED] BEETS, battlestar galactica

"Why tip someone for a job I’m capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did, however, tip my urologist because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones." - Just one of my favorite Dwight Schrute quotes.

Roasted beets are really easy to make, so this post seems pretty obsolete. However I have some culinarily challenged friends out there, so I figured I'd make it even easier by posting step-by-step instructions in case they were interested.

Also every time we make roasted beets, I forget to take a picture of them. So, here is a nice picture of whole, raw beets.


Roasted Beets

3 medium beets
1 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp oil [olive, veggie, canola, safflower. Anything will do]
salt
pepper

1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Peel beets and dice into small marble sized pieces. Place into 13"x9" pan.
3. Add oil and toss to coat beets. Add garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss again. [I find it easiest to do with my hands, but be prepared for your hands to look like you attacked a magenta magic marker, pictured below]
4. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until desired tenderness. Just use a toothpick to stab one and taste when they are getting close.
5. Cool and store in the refrigerator as a healthy salad topping.


I hope, like me, you find that beets are actually pretty good when prepared properly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment