Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Remember... "You Trust Me"

So, something I have always wanted to do is write down mine and Christian's love story [Is that the correct way to word that? If not please let me know because it always gets me]. So, I think I might write little tidbits of it here and there when I feel inspired, with the intention of maybe having a full story someday. Plus, this fits into my current monthly goal of writing positive things. Admittedly this is completely narcissistic, but hey this is a blog about me and Christian, so it is only fitting that I reminisce about how we got to be where we are today.

Anyhow, in this blog post I remember the first time I fell asleep with Christian. I should really say next to Christian because with suggests that he also slept, which he didn't. He suffered through a terrible romantic comedy.

I can't remember exactly how long we had officially been together, but it couldn't have been more than a month or so. He came over to my house to hang out and we decided to watch a movie. We plucked Elizabethtown from my mom's large, but severely lacking selection of DVDs. Although at the time the movie itself didn't seem to matter at all, we just wanted to be together. I would have been happy watching Jerry Springer, as long as I could make fun of it with Christian.

Anyway, I was apparently really tired from a long day of being a carefree, unemployed teenager [Hey, it's a tough job!] and at some point during the movie I fell asleep, my head resting on Christian's chest. When I woke up Christian smiled at me and gave me his "I love you" face [though, I did not recognize it as such at the time] and said "you fell asleep on me." And I was thinking, "Okay, I don't know why that would make him so happy, so I fell asleep during a movie. Happens all the time" - even now. [Although I'm not sure how much Christian loves it now that he has to explain the second 3.5 hours of Lord of the Rings to me because I have fallen asleep.] After a period of silence he said, "You trust me. You don't fall asleep on someone if you don't completely trust them." It was so sweet that it meant so much to him. I was certainly falling in love [despite the best efforts of a close friend - among others - to prevent this from happening, but that storyline may make an appearance in the future :)].

And I still have not seen the end of the movie, but I hear that it is awful.

1 comment: