Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things Are Going As Planned?! We Haven't Been Shot At?!

Ok, so it's been like 10 days since our last post and a lot has happened.

I started my job at Sally's Bakery and I love it! I have only baked a little bit so far. I am mostly training and cleaning. Yesterday, I got an early shift and I learned how to make bagels from scratch. Hopefully I will be baking more next week!

Christian has been doing some construction/carpentry work at a Bed and Breakfast for a really cool man named Mark. He is a retired nuclear chemist [I have no idea what that actually means other than he is a really smart guy]. Christian really seems to be enjoying working for him [and he's learning some potentially useful "husband" duties]. Funny side-note: Mark calls red-necks "Canyon Critters" and I guess we "will know when we see one."

Christian also [finally] got the barista-ish job at a local coffee shop called Montana Coffee Traders. The manager seems like a cool lady and everyone that works there seems nice.

We are also in the process of applying to rent a really cute, yellow, two bedroom house with an amazing porch. We'll know if we have been accepted in the next few days. [No credit check, by the way. They don't even have our social security numbers. I LOVE MONTANA!]

Everything is working out really well for us here. It's really nice to feel like we are headed somewhere for the first time in almost a year. And we are so close to being independent again! We are really excited to start hiking, biking and fishing [someone left an old fishing pole in Jen's truck and she gave it to us. We'll take what we can get]. Basically we will be channeling our inner redneck.

We'll let you know how everything turns out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!!!! I am so happy for you both! I hope things continue to move in this direction and you get the little yellow house!

    And a bakery job! I am SO jealous! It is perfect for you! You are such a baker at heart! You'll have to teach me how to make bagels!

    Congrats to Christian also on the new job. He will do great!

    Post more pictures of the beautiful landscape!

    I am so happy for you! I am hoping the good momentum keeps pushing you guys forward!

    Lots and lots of love!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you. It was a tough time you went through but you made it. I don't know what else to say, I'm just sitting her smiling.

    ReplyDelete