Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Reading

One of my summer goals is to read all of the books that I have bought over the years, but haven't actually read [or read half of and never finished]. And there are some books that I just want to re-read. 


The kitties would not leave me alone when I was trying to take a picture of the books, so this is what I ended up with.

Anyhow, if you can't see the books, they are:

The History of Western Philosophy - Bertrand Russel
Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl - Anne Frank
Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison
Gandhi an Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments with Truth - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
Walden - Henry David Thoreau
Sister of My Heart - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test - Tom Wolfe
A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking
Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith - John Krakauer
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
The Mighty - Rodman Philbrick
The Rapture of Canaan - Sheri Reynolds
Long Walk to Freedom - Nelson Mandela

I may write in depth about a book if I feel so compelled. I am excited to have the time to go on a reading blitz, I think it will be fun!

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment