Saturday, September 17, 2011

This Bread is Bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S

This banana bread really is bananas because of how good it is.

Banana bread something I made all the time as a kid. I would secretly hope that no one would eat the bananas so that they would turn brown and I would be able to make banana bread. Or I would beg my parents to buy that ridiculously big bag of nearly brown naners at the store. Either way, it was one of my favorite things to make.

I no longer use the same recipe that I did when I was little because, well, it's simply not the best recipe. I feel like I should be charged with treason by my childhood for saying that, but it's true. I found a recipe that was really good and modified it a bit to make it my own [and better ;)].

Sweet breads are possibly my favorite baked good. Possibly.

Super-Moist Banana Bread

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking spice or 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
2 - 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas

~ Preheat oven to 350°. Butter one loaf pan.
~ Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add vanilla. Mix until combined.
~ In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, spices and salt together.
~ Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix gently just until moist. Fold in bananas gently.
~ Pour into prepared pan and bake for about an hour until toothpick comes out clean.
~ Cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.
~ Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment