Thursday, July 5, 2012

"I Promise I'll Never Die."

I was trying to think of a memorable and hilarious quote from Team America that would also be decently appropriate to be the title of this blog post. Not an easy task. So, above is the best I could do. It's not my favorite quote, but most of my favorites are more than a little offensive and quite foul.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe celebration for the 4th of July. Christian and I really missed being with our Rosevillian crew - eating, drinking, fireworks, watching Team America. But, hey, time passes, things change - some for the better and others for the worse. 

We had a fun-filled day, it just didn't much feel like the 4th of July. 

We planned on hiking Sacajawea Peak, but the last 7 miles to the trail-head was what the map called "an improved dirt road" and our poor little civic did not have the same definition of "improved" that the map did, so we decided to turn back. 


Instead, we bought a soccer ball and played around in a park, which was surprisingly not crowded. It was pretty fun to have Christian teach me how to dribble and watch him try all of his old tricks. We have considered joining adult rec soccer leagues next spring [for some reason that sentence made me feel old, and I don't quite know why].


At the park, I also made a daisy-chain out of what I can only assume is actually a weed. Though, this is the only "flower" I have ever made daisy-chains with. I don't think I had made one of these necklaces since I was, like, 8 so it was a nostalgic little activity. It was a really beautiful day, which was perfect for our first venture to a park here in Bozeman.

Then, it was food time.

We started off with some Summer Tea.


Christian made an awesome bleu cheese flank steak roll.


I made a caprese salad because, really, what is better than fresh motz? Nothing, that's what!


And, no 4th would be complete without watermelon.


 So, it turned out to be a very healthy and absolutely delicious dinner for the two of us.

 We elected not to do fireworks this year because, well, we live in an apartment and we thought letting off fireworks in the parking lot would be just a smidge trashy [although we have young-college-student neighbors who intermittently have a friend who pitches a tent in the communal area outside their apartment. Seriously. So maybe we shouldn't have worried so much about being trashy]

And then we watched American Dad, we thought it would just be too painful to watch Team America without our wonderful friends and family beside us laughing at the horribly inappropriate jokes. Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment