Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lewis & Clark Caverns

Christian and I celebrated our four-year wedding anniversary by visiting the Lewis and Clark Caverns about an hour outside of Bozeman [there is so much to see and do in Montana, I very much appreciate it :)]. The only time I have ever been in caverns I was probably 4 or 5 and I think we were in Arizona with my grandparents. Needless to say I don't remember much. These caverns were beautiful and a ton of fun to see.

 We started the day off with what I had planned to be a very healthy [albeit a bit pricey] breakfast. I bought Christian organic, local bacon and organic carrot-orange juice [his favorite] to enjoy with eggs and coffee. And then Christian decided he needed donuts. Go figure...

 We were hoping to escape the smokey campfire that is Bozeman currently, but it wasn't much better out there as you can see in the distance.

Christian hates when I take pictures of him in a touristy setting. You can tell by his annoyed look :-) 


We had the most adorably campy tour guide, we really enjoyed her corny stories about how the formations looked like this character or that kind of food. 

 We experienced absolute darkness here for a moment; It was interesting.
 

♫  Under the Sea ♫ 
This reminds me of The Little Mermaid for some reason.

This was my favorite "room." It was just so unique. 

Isn't it awesome?

Indescribable. 

And we found our way out safely. I didn't feel claustrophobic or panicky the whole time, which is kind of amazing. I tend to be a worrier, what can I say?

We enjoyed our day at the caverns. We finished the evening with tasty sushi and froyo. 

And, hey, we didn't have to put a dog down this year, so it wasn't our worst anniversary ;)

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment