Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lovely Little Annoyances

Christian and I had the absolute pleasure of Tom Savage marrying us and, therefore, leading our premarital counseling. I don't think that we could have asked for a better person to discuss marriage with. Tom is amazing and I will always be grateful for the wonderful discussions we all shared. 


One of the things Tom mentioned that did not completely resonate with me at the time was that there would be things about each other that would annoy us, but ultimately be something that we grew to love and would miss if the other person were to meet their demise [although, there would still be the things that are just simply annoying, Tom was honest like that]. At this point in our marriage I can understand what Tom meant. It absolutely annoys me that Christian constantly has a pile of clothes on his side of the bed. Clean? Dirty? Somewhere in between? I have no clue. And then he will get mad if I wash everything because some of it was supposedly clean. Ridiculous. This is something that is at once both completely annoying and somehow endearing. If Christian were here no longer, it would throw me into a weeping ball of mush to realize that there was no pile of his clothes on the side of the bed to clean up. It's always the little things.

Marriage is a funny thing. I am thankful that we had these interesting conversations with Tom to help us through the tough and silly times. Thank you, Tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment