Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saucy Apples

Ok... so that was my best attempt at a creative title [forgive me] [don't judge me].


I was offered apples from a [super cool] lady at work who had just picked two trees worth. I gladly accepted. I knew I would find a way to use mass amounts of organic apples. So, after a very hectic week I decided apple sauce was the best [and easiest] option.

I make apple sauce a little differently than the traditional method, mainly because I don't own one of those apple smasher things [what are those called?]. Anyways, I make it in more of an innovative [yeah, innovative sounds much better than ghetto] manner.

First, I peel and the apples. This takes quite a while when you are working with apples marginally bigger than a golf ball.


Then, I core them and place them into a baking dish.


Then I bake them at 350° for about an hour, or until they are soft.


And finally, I dump them into a blender and blend to my desired consistency. Well, I also add a little honey and cinnamon.


Oh, and this time a added some blueberries to one of the batches. It is really good :)


Well, that was my day off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment