Sunday, November 27, 2011

Monthly Challenge Numero Tres: Writing Positivity

Ok, so I can tend to be a Debbie Downer [or Negative Nancy, whichever you prefer] more often than I am an Opal Optimism. [Wow, that was a bit much. Right?]
I tend to focus on the disappointments in my life and in the world as a whole more often than I think about the pleasure and joy that this world and the things in my life have to offer. So, I will take this month to write in-depth about something positive personally or globally. I will post some of these writings on here, but I may choose to keep some more private. I know this is a bit hokey, but I don't care. If nothing else it will help my writing skills. I am not going to commit to writing something every day because life tends to get in the way and then I get discouraged and give up [see?], so my goal is to write positivity most days this month. This is really an exercise in personal growth and enlightenment. I know that I have been very vague about what I am going to write about and I have done so intentionally [insert plug for the intentional vagueness of OWS here]. I may write about something I am thankful for, I may write about people who inspire me, I may write about something beautiful I have experienced. My only "rule" is that it be positive vs. negative. There is so much negativity that surrounds us these days, I just feel like I need a little joyous inspiration.
I hope you join me, and if you do, write about whatever you feel you need to get out [or put in, like me]. I think this will be a fun exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment