Sunday, July 10, 2011

Beyond Grocery Store Spices

Spices are crucial to almost any baking or cooking project. They can make or break a meal. That is why it is important to use the right spices, experiment a little, and find a wonderful brand of spices that suits your needs. I have found my brand in Penzeys Spices.

A few years ago my aunt Lori gifted me probably 25 Penzey's spices at my bridal shower. It was one of the best non-registry items I could have asked for. I have absolutely fallen in love with them and I try not to use anything else [I have to purchase them online to sometimes it is unavoidable].

Penzey's offers a vast selection of classic spices as well as a great collection of their own blends. Everything they have is of such high quality that you can really taste the difference between their spices and grocery store brands.

They are a little more pricey than what you can find at the store, but it is well worth the extra cost. Especially if you are someone who loves to cook and takes pride in a great tasting meal. Even Christian [who is kind of a tight wad] prefers to use Penzey's. His favorite spice of theirs is Black & Red, it is a blend of back and cayenne peppers that will make even the pepper-hater swoon [trust me, I fall in to that category]. My favorite is Baking Spice [I am not quite sure what it consists of] that you can pretty much add to any thing you bake and it give it a little extra umph. They also offer a variety of ethnic spices that are really great if you are in to ethnic cooking. We have their turkish, greek, and cajun spices.

Anyways, you should check them out if you are looking for a high-quality, fairly priced spice that will change your cooking experience for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment